OH WOW! is hiring a volunteer coordinator for its volunteer program. We are looking for an organized and energetic multi- tasker who loves working with people and young children. The job requires availability several days a week and is a part time position averaging 12-25 hours per week (Saturday and Sunday availability a necessity).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities
- Recruit volunteers
- Create an atmosphere of volunteer appreciation and support
- Coordinate volunteer needs with the OH WOW! staff
- Conduct and arrange volunteer training
- Schedule all volunteer activities
- Organize volunteer recognition programs
- Evaluate volunteer programs
At OH WOW!, we want only the best of the best! If you meet the above requirements and are a self-motivated individual with a proven record of excellence in your past endeavors, apply today! Send a resume and cover letter, including at least three professional references to email@example.com.
Click for Full Job Description
There is still time to take advantage of our Summer Part-On Party Pricing.
Want your work to have a life-long impact in Ohio? Help us by coordinating and promoting 18 summer manufacturing camps, creating a best practices curriculum and hosting a partner summit among participants.
The VISTA member will need to be able to work independently as well as collaboratively to survey participating collaborators, to identify specific needs of each SMI camp; to expand and improve our fundraising plans; to improve promotion of SMI Camps; to implement awareness campaigns and marketing strategies for SMI, which may include the development of a web page for all SMI Camps; and to coordinate with partnering organizations and gather information toward the creation of a best practices curriculum for the camp participants.
Applying to Serve Using My AmeriCorps The My AmeriCorps portal is a one-stop-shop for AmeriCorps and VISTA applicants, members, and alumni. It can be found by searching for “My AmeriCorps” using your favorite search engine or by typing “my.americorps.gov” into the address bar of your favorite web browser. You will use the portal to search for and apply to programs in which you would like to serve. If you become a member, you will also use the portal to track important information related to your service year, find training events, and access important contacts and resources. When you are ready to apply, there are three things you will need to do within the portal (although you don’t have to do them all at once):
- Create a profile
- Create an application
- Apply to programs
SEARCH FOR: Program Coordinator: SMI Camps
Please click on this link (AD Job Des) for the job description.
This position is available immediately. Candidates are invited to submit a letter of intent with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2018.
On behalf of our board, volunteers, staff & the more than 351,000 explorers who’ve been “EDUtained” by OH WOW!, we invite you to partner with us on our upcoming events. With your help, our non-profit will remain an accessible & exciting hub for STEM EDUtainment for children ages 0-14.
Since our opening in 2011 OH WOW! has become an anchor & economic development engine in our 5 county service area. In fact, The Roger & Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science & Technology is responsible for a $3 million economic impact in downtown Youngstown alone.
Click here for the OH WOW! Sponsorship Options & simply complete the packet & return it with your donation.
We are always willing to “experiment” with our partnerships so please let us know if you have any questions or ideas on how to make it work for you.
Contact Lisa at email@example.com or 330-744-5914 for more information.
OH WOW! is proud to have so many community partners who celebrate STEM with us during an entire week devoted to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in the five county area. Only 10 more days until we kick everything off with our annual Silly Science Sunday!
Our deepest appreciation to:
OH WOW! is centrally located in downtown Youngstown, convenient to Mahoning, Trumbull, Columbiana, Mercer and Lawrence counties. With two flexible meeting spaces that can accommodate up to 100 people, OH WOW! is ready to meet your business needs.
Whether a sales meeting, a team building exercise, a day-long retreat, OH WOW! will impress your clients and employees. Each rental space comes with an attached kitchenette including a microwave, coffee maker, full sized refrigerator, and sink.
The local business community strongly supports the museum so offering the space for meetings is a natural extension of many strong relationships already in place. OH WOW!’s brand is well-respected, and the organization is an anchor and economic development engine in downtown Youngstown’s central business district.
Introductory pricing begins at $175 for the first two hours for rentals booked from 9 am- 5pm, Monday through Friday (Wednesday until 8 pm) and $75 for each additional hour. After posted hours, private rentals are available for an additional fee. Pricing good now through December 31, 2017, subject to availability.
By renting space at OH WOW! companies help further the mission is to foster independent thinking and enrich the lives of all children by creating a welcoming environment where they can develop learning skills and knowledge through the exploration of HANDS-ON exhibits and educational programs which are rooted in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
If you would like to book a meeting or arrange for a tour, please contact us at 330.744.5914 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Our basic party package includes 15 children and unlimited adults in the rental price.
2. We set up the chairs & tables based on the number of guests you tell us– no need to wrestle tables and chairs, it’s all set up for you.
3. We meet you at the curb and help unload your party supplies and will also help you load up at the end of the party.
4. Our party rooms have a full-sized refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and sink for you to use.
5. All your child’s guests receive a pass for free admission to return ($120 retail value) and the guest of honor receives a special Oh WOW! gift.
6. For a small additional fee, we offer Party & Learn programs that will delight and entertain your guests (and they may even learn something in the process– shhhhh!)
7. Two floors of exhibits to explore and enjoy before, during and after the scheduled party time.
8. Complimentary coffee provided by Branch Street Roasters because we understand that caffeine is a parent’s best tool.
9. You can bring in your own food or use one of our preferred vendors.
10. Oh WOW! is #TheHappiestPlaceInYoungstown and we cannot wait to help you with your next party!
Contact a WOW Pal at email@example.com or 330-744-5914 today to get your date reserved.