#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of
individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to
celebrate generosity worldwide. Following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized
shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this year’s #GivingTuesday will
take place on November 27th and will kick off the giving season by inspiring people
to collaborate and give back.
With your support, 426,597 explorers have been served with our world-class, hands-on, interactive STEM-based exhibits and “EDUtaining “programs” since our opening in May 2011. We’re on target to serve 100,000 in 2018, a 15% increase over 2017. Thank you!
- Hands-on because many students develop their career choice aptitudes between 4th and 6th
- Interactive to help students of all ages strengthen their problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- STEM-based to provide students the space to experiment, to get the skills that an uncertain future demands of us, our children and their children.
Our Board of Directors joins us in inviting you to make a year-end, tax-deductible donation today. Yes, tax laws have changed, but your donation could still provide a tax benefit! One suggestion we can offer is to donate larger amounts every other or every third year instead of annually to help you reach itemizing your deductions for that year. Also, remember that if you are over 70 1/2 years old, you can satisfy the annual IRA withdrawal requirement by directly transferring money to a public charity tax-free.
Regardless of how you go about it, your investment in our mission ensures OH WOW! will continue to offer high-quality programming at an affordable, family-friendly price in 2019 and beyond.
Click the donate button below and enter the gift amount that matches your WOWtastic wish for our community’s children:
Give the gift of EDUtainment. Children throughout our community will have a stronger education and a brighter future. We appreciate your commitment to their success. Thank you!
- $1,100 – helps keep field trip fees competitive and school friendly for 11,000 students each year.
- $790 – helps reduce “summer slide”, promoting library use and access to OH WOW! for 7,900 students. underwrites 7,900 summer reading passes
- $506 – helps keep admission rates family-friendly and EDUtaining for 50,683 explorers who visit each year.
- $100 – OH WOW! thanks you for being 100% committed to STEM EDUtainment.
- $52 – helps keep FREE programs in InspireWorks, featuring Deming’s PDCA process and building problem solving and critical thinking skills, in a team environment
You can increase your generous donation to OH WOW! at no cost to you thanks to the Youngstown Foundation’s Support Fund. If your donation is $100 or more, the Foundation will add 10%. It’s that simple.
- Via Check: Make checks of $100 or more payable to The Youngstown Foundation and we will forward it to them… Just add OH WOW! to the memo line.
- Via Credit Card: Visit www.youngstownfoundation.org, click on “Donate Now” and click on OH WOW! as an approved partner.